In this episode Scott and Todd discuss handling criticism in the congregation. How does the pastor receive criticism? Are there different kinds of criticism? Are there any examples from the Bible about how either Jesus or the Apostles handled criticism?
LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WE TALKED ABOUT
- Pastors in Transition: Why Clergy Leave Local Church Ministry, by Dean R. Hoge and Jacqueline E. Wenger
- Clergy Killers, by G. Lloyd Rediger
- Proverbs 26:4: "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself."
FRIEND OF THE SHOW
WHAT’S BRINGING JOY THIS WEEK
- Letters to Lutheran Pastors, Volume 1, by Hermann Sasse
- Letters to Lutheran Pastors, Volume 2, by Hermann Sasse
- Letters to Lutheran Pastors, Volume 3, by Hermann Sasse
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.
You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at email@example.com
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice:
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: