In this episode Scott and Todd talk about Lent and Ash Wednesday, why Lutherans sometimes freak out at physical practices surrounding Lent such as the imposition of ashes, and how pastors are to introduce good and faithful practices in a new congregation. Oh, and Scott manages to mention Pope John-Paul II, again.
LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WE TALKED ABOUT
- Ancient-Future Faith, by Robert Webber
- Introduction to Worship, by James White
- Concordia Lutheran Church, Brentwood, Pennsylvania
- Why Lent Should Matter to Everyone, by Todd A. Peperkorn
- Dr. James Bushur, Ash Wednesday Sermon, “A Severe Mercy”, on Mark 8:31-38 (still working on the link for this)
- What is the Significant of Lent
FRIEND OF THE SHOW
WHAT’S BRINGING JOY THIS WEEK
- The Family Project, by Glenn Stanton and Focus on the Family
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.
You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at email@example.com
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice:
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: