Pope Francis is in the midst of making his first visit to North America. But why should Lutherans care? Scott and Todd discuss the Pope’s speech before Congress, his upcoming speech before the United Nations, and lament why he didn’t speak about Jesus Christ, the unborn, and the very least and lowest in our society. Hear more from Todd and Scott in Episode 36 of The Crux of the Matter.
- 318.9 people in the US. 1.2 billion Catholics worldwide.
- A Protestant Response to Pope Francis’s Address
- Official Schedule For Pope Francis’ Visit to U.S.
- Pope Francis, in Washington, Addresses Poverty and Climate, The New York Times, Sept. 23, 2015
- What Francis Said—And Didn't Say—To Congress
- Pope Francis Never Mentioned Jesus In His Speech To Congress
- Oremus: A Lutheran Breviary, by David Kind.
- Coffee By Gillespie. THIS LINK INCLUDES A COUPON CODE FOR 10% off your first order. You may also enter the code, “cruxofthematter” in at checkout.
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER. You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice: https://thecruxofthematter.squarespace.com/podcast/?format=rss
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-the-crux-of-the-matter/id959171811
Intro and Outro Music is “BWV 1103: Erhalt uns, Herr, bei deinem Wort” (by J.S. Bach, recorded by James Kibbie). Licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.