In a few short weeks the Supreme Court will be issuing a ruling about whether same-sex marriages are a constitutional right, or if it something that can be determined by each state. In this episode Scott and Todd discuss Pres. Matthew Harrison’s recent pastoral letter, what implications this may have on pastoral care, and how pastors and congregations should start responding to this.Read More
In this episode Scott and Todd discuss funerals, the difficulty of ministering to non-members in times of grief, the centrality of the resurrection, and music in funerals.
LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WE TALKED ABOUT
- Scott Murray’s article on funerals from the Lutheran Witness
- Final Victory: Contemplating the Death and Funeral of a Christian - Milestones , By Bryan Wolfmueller
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church Funeral Practices
FRIEND OF THE SHOW
- Table Talk Radio, with Rev. Bryan Wolfmueller and Rev. Evan Goeglein
WHAT’S BRINGING JOY THIS WEEK
- The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman
- Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus, by James Gray
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.
You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice:
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: