What does it mean to be human? What does it mean that God became man? These and many more questions may fall under the heading “The Theology of the Body.” While this is a phrase usually associated with Pope John-Paul II, it is one that has gained a much wider usage, even among Lutherans. In episode 48 of The Crux of the Matter, Todd and Scott unpack what a Lutheran theology of the body is, and what it means for pastoral care today.
- SCOTT is teaching on church history
- TODD is teaching about Hebrews 11:39-40, particularly looking at the word, “teleiothosin”.
LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WE TALKED ABOUT
- Man and Woman He Created Them, A Theology of the Body, by Pope John-Paul II
- Where Does it Fit in the Catechism?
- 1st Article of the Creed
- 2nd Article of the Creed
- 3rd Article of the Creed
- 5th and 6th Commandments
- The Sacrament of the Altar
- Toward a Theology of the Body, by Mary Timothy Prokes
WHAT'S BRINGING JOY THIS WEEK
- Christological Anthropology in Historical Perspective: Ancient and Contemporary Approaches to Theological Anthropology, by Marc Cortez
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER. You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice: https://thecruxofthematter.squarespace.com/podcast/?format=rss
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-the-crux-of-the-matter/id959171811
Intro and Outro Music is “BWV 739: Wie schön leuchtet uns der Morgenstern” (by J.S. Bach, recorded by James Kibbie). Licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.