Why do we practice closed communion? Do you wear that outfit in the shower? What does God let X happen to me if He really loves me? These are just a few of the questions Todd and Scott try to answer in this episode. Oh, and like the rest of the Internet, they also talk about Star Wars, ADD, and the craziness of random questions. Join us for episode 40 of The Crux of the Matter.
TEACHING THIS WEEK
- Preparing for next semester’s classes.
- G.K. Chesterton and his Father Brown series.
- Closed Communion
- If God loves everyone, why does He send some people to hell?
- Why can we have peppier music?
- If God loves me, why do all of these terrible things keep happening?
- What does the Lutheran Church say about women pastors?
- Do you wear that goofy outfit in the shower?
- Healing ADD Revised Edition: The Breakthrough Program that Allows You to See and Heal the 7 Types of ADD, by Daniel G. Amen
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER. You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice: https://thecruxofthematter.squarespace.com/podcast/?format=rss
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-the-crux-of-the-matter/id959171811
Intro Music is “BWV 1103: Erhalt uns, Herr, bei deinem Wort” (by J.S. Bach, recorded by James Kibbie). Licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.
Outro Music is from “Star Wars Symphonic Suite--Jelani Eddington at the Sanfilippo Wurlitzer”, as found on YouTube HERE.