Pastors have to juggle short and long term planning against the day to day situations of parish life. But what do you do when the day to day just keeps coming, and when there is no end in sight? Todd and Scott discuss Pomodoro Technique, Getting Things Done by David Allen, Evernote, John Chrysostom, Thielecke, and Taizé. And shaving. And a few other things along the way.
LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WE TALKED ABOUT
- Getting Things Done, by David Allen
- Making it all Work, by David Allen
- Pomodoro Technique
- The Paschal Homily (Hieratikon) John Chrysostom
- C.S. Lewis quote, “All that is not eternal is eternally out of date.”
- Helmut Thielecke
- The Jesus Prayer
- Taizé Community and Music
- “Lord, Let At Last Thine Angels Come” -Sung by the Concordia Theological Seminary Kantorei.
FRIEND(S) OF THE SHOW
WHAT’S BRINGING JOY THIS WEEK
- A Whole New Mind, by Daniel Pink
WHERE TO FIND US
Todd and Scott co-host THE CRUX OF THE MATTER. You may find Todd Peperkorn @toddpeperkorn on Twitter or facebook.com/toddpeperkorn on Facebook. He also blogs, posts sermons, and random nonsense at Lutheran Logomaniac and Dark My Road. Todd’s parish is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Rocklin, California. You can find his sermons & bible classes on YouTube HERE.
Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe directly, please paste the following link into your pod-catcher of choice: https://thecruxofthematter.squarespace.com/podcast/?format=rss
To subscribe via iTunes, please go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-the-crux-of-the-matter/id959171811